Spark AR Studio is Facebook’s tool for building augmented reality effects, and it was announced earlier this year that it would be moved out of it’s closed beta on Instagram by the end of the summer.
And that time has finally come — now anyone, and everyone can create Instagram Stories filters and effects!
That means that AR filters are now another powerful marketing asset on Instagram, with more than 1 billion people using an AR effect that was created on the Spark AR platform!
Spark AR Studio is a complex tool — if you’re just starting out in the world of visual design and 3D modeling, the platform can look and feel overwhelming. But don’t let that discourage you!
Some of the simplest designs are often the most popular, and there are tons of great online resources and tutorials to help you through.
Plus, there are plenty of talented AR designers you can work with to create Instagram Stories filters or effects for your brand.
Why create AR filters for Instagram Stories?
While this tool might not be right for all businesses, it’s a great option for brands trying to reach younger individuals on Instagram. Remember: 67% of all Instagram users are ages 18 to 29. Additionally, one-third of the most viewed Instagram Stories are from businesses.
Here are a few examples of how custom AR filters could leverage your brand:
Show off your brand’s personality
- Custom AR filters reflect your brand’s tone, especially if that tone is fun or playful.
- They also often reflect the unique parts of your brand, helping you stand out from your competitors.
Connect with your audience
- In 2019, more than 500 million accounts engaged with Instagram Stories daily.
- 60% of businesses using Instagram Stories incorporate an interactive element to increase monthly engagement.
- Custom AR filters are the latest interactive element for Instagram Stories.
Be ahead of the curve
- Custom AR filters are still a new feature, and not every brand is using them yet.
- Create an AR filter for customers to “try on” a product before making a purchase or “wear” a branded item of clothing.
- It’s not just for self-promotion. You could also create a filter for your brand to show your support for social causes.
Increase brand awareness
- Incorporate your brand’s logo or mascot into an AR filter.
- If your unique filter is not promotional, it will display in Instagram’s Effect Gallery where anyone (including new followers) can find it.
- When users share selfies using your filter, their followers (and potential new followers) will be exposed to your brand.